Mon | Nov 13, 2023
Events Receive Funding in First Round of 2024 Sponsorship Funding
At the recommendation of the volunteer Chamber Advisory Committee, the North Tahoe Community Alliance (NTCA) Board of Directors awarded $192,000 in sponsorship funding, generated by the North Lake Tahoe Tourism Business Improvement District (NLT-TBID), to six events scheduled to take place in North Lake Tahoe in 2024. Scoring and funding prioritization were based on how the events contribute to and benefit economic health, community vitality and environmental stewardship. Each event’s traffic management and sustainability plans were also evaluated, with organizers responsible for identifying and outlining how they will mitigate the impacts of tourism on the community and environment.
The six events that received funding for 2024 include:
- Alpenglow Speaker Series (Nov. 30, 2023; Jan. 4, Feb. 15, March 7, 2024)
- Stifel Palisades Tahoe World Cup (Feb. 23-25, 2024)
- Snowfest (Feb. 28-March 10, 2024)
- The Great Ski Race (March 3, 2024)
- Winter WonderGrass Tahoe (April 4-7, 2024)
- Broken Arrow Skyrace (June 21-23, 2024)
In early December, the NTCA will begin accepting applications for funding support of events coming to the community between May 1 and July 30, 2024. Submission criteria and the application process will be outlined soon, with a mid-January date the deadline to submit.